We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need advice to find best options from nice to porto

South Africa
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need advice to find best options from nice to porto

Hi we want to traveling from the South of France to Porto (Potugal) and need some advice on the easiest and most economically viable traveling options. we cannot spend more than 24 hours traveling so hiring a car might be out of the question.

please if anyone could give me some advice that would be great.

kind regards

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need advice to find best options from nice to porto

Ryanair flies direct from Marseille to Porto 3 times a week. It's a bit of a drive from Nice to Marseille but it might be an option.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,475 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need advice to find best options from nice to porto

I will second the suggestion above. Take a train from Nice to Marseille and then fly Ryanair to Porto. Beware Ryanair's baggage policies!

Google Maps tells me it is just over 1,000 miles from Nice to Porto and maybe 16 hours driving. One way car hire across European national borders can be very expensive.

The quickest train journey I can find takes 24 hours and 49 minutes going via Bordeaux, Irun and Coimbra.

3. Re: need advice to find best options from nice to porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2010, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Porto