We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday cake in or around Porto

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday cake in or around Porto

Hi,

I am taking my boyfriend on a surprise birthday vacation to Porto the end of October. I wanted to order a cake for him and pick up when we arrive but I couldn't find any websites where I could pre-order.

As we will have a hired car the location or distance doesn't really matter but we need a place which is open Saturday afternoon.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Anna

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
MUU Steakhouse
££££, Steakhouse, European, Portuguese
Euskalduna Studio
££££, European, Contemporary, Portuguese
Puorto
£, Fast food, International, European
Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday cake in or around Porto

Anna

I think you can easily order a cake in any supermarket (modelo, pingo doce) or hypermarket (continente, jumbo) and in one of the many "confeitarias" of the city . I don't know If it's possible to order online, in advance, but there's a well known seller named "torta de noz" that has a site. Try contact them by email.

http://www.tortadenoz.com/

Good luck :)

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday cake in or around Porto

Birthday cakes are big business in Porto. They are usually ordered by weight. Most bakers will have a catalogue of possible cakes, but will also make to order if necessary. You will normally need 24 hours notice. In the centre of Porto, I recently got a very good chocolate one from "Bella Roma" in Rua Sampaio Bruno, just off the main square "Aliados".

Edited: 12 October 2010, 20:59
Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday cake in or around Porto

Hi both,

Thank you very much for your replies, it is very helpful.

Many thanks,

Anna

4. Re: Birthday cake in or around Porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2011, 06:16