4 of us would like to tour northern Portugal in mid December for about 14 days - may be spending Christmas there too. Please advise:
1. We like hiking - is it possible to hike in the mountains or national parks in Dec? Which one should we go? Estrela or Guirres? Is there snow in the mountains?
2. We prefer to explore more days in 1 city/village rather than one hotel one night kind of tour.
3. We like nature, historical sites/ monasteries, villages, UNESCO sites
4. As we are only English-speaking, we find touring on our own too stressful within a short period. Could you recommend a contact for a customised tour, please?
5. Is there an international airport in northern Portugal, please? Must we fly in from Lisbon?
Much appreciation for your help.