We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Porto on a Sunday?

Boston
Level Contributor
382 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Porto on a Sunday?

It seems like a lot of things are closed in Porto on Sundays. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do besides walk around and take in the sights?

Special Offer
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
757 reviews
from US$90.10*
US$112.60
Douro Valley Wine Tour: Visit to...
107 reviews
from US$118.90*
Special Offer
Guimarães and Braga Small Group Tour...
31 reviews
from US$80.10*
US$100.10
Private Porto  from Lisbon
7 reviews
from US$175.20*
Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Porto on a Sunday?

- Starting from Ribeira and Cais de Gaia, where you have the wine cellars, D. Luis bridge, Douro cruises, S. Francisco church, "Serra do Pilar", at the top of D. Luis Bridge - Gaia side, (good views - use the cable car to get there)

- Take an historical tram from Infante (near Ribeira) to Foz. Walk the promenade from Foz to Castelo do Queijo (take a brake at a bar/restaurant in front of the sea).

- From Castelo do Queijo, go to Serralves Museum (by bus)

- Take another bus to the city centre and climb Clérigos tower. Also have a look at the beautifull Lelo bookstore nearby.

- Go down the Clérigos street to the downtown and visit the S. Bento Train station.

- Don't forget to try the Porto famous dish: Francesinha

- At night go again to Cais de Gaia, choose a bar/restaurant and enjoy the night views for Porto.

And have a nice journey

Boston
Level Contributor
382 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Porto on a Sunday?

Thank you.

Oh man I just searched Francesinha in google and I will most certainly be digging into one of those. Where is your favorite place to get one?

Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Porto on a Sunday?

My favorites are at Café Decomur near Santo António's Hospital @Rua Clemente Menéres 2-r/c Portugal 4050-201 PORTO. (search on google maps), but i think it is closed on Sundays.

My 2nd favorite place, is at Restaurant Alicantina @Rua do Campo Alegre, 814

4150-177 Porto (again google maps) . This one is certainly opened on Sundays

4. Re: What to do in Porto on a Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 00:16