We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto Questions

London, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Porto Questions

Hi everyone,

I've just recently booked a trip to Porto, and am now looking for suggestions on what to do. Basically, we will have about 4 days, split up over a week (2 and 2).

We are looking to spend a day or 2 at the beach, visit some Port locations and eat some great food (my friend is a vegan, I am not).

Also, any suggestions on moderately priced, centrally located accomodations (I'm not asking alot here, am I ;) ?)

Level Contributor
565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto Questions

Some suggestions on what to do:

Porto has 3 blue flag beaches: Homem do Leme, Gondarém and Foz. All easily accessible by buses. The neighbor cities of Matosinhos (north) and Vila Nova de Gaia (south) also have many blue flag beaches accessible by bus and Metro.

List of Vegetarian/Vegan/Vegan friendly restaurants in Porto: www.happycow.net/europe/portugal/porto/

Hotels: It depends on your budget. I recommend a search on booking.com and if you'll have any questions regarding location, I can help you.

Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto Questions

We stayed at Peninsular (booked thru booking.com). We absolutely loved the art deco character and charm of the hotel. The location was excellent too, 1/2 block to Sao Bento station. Our room was spacious with two double beds, private bathroom, air conditioning and two windows that opened to overlook Rua de Sa da Bandeira. Included breakfast was a great buffet with most everything you could want except for eggs. Friendly and helpful staff.

3. Re: Porto Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 08:19