We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Shops in Porto/Douro region

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Shops in Porto/Douro region

Hi there, I´ll arrive in Porto Airport from Faro (domestic Flight) and then will rent a car to drive through Douro for a few days and returning by car to Lisbon just before my flight back to Brazil.

Where is the best place to buy top Portuguese Wines? Oporto Airport? Oporto City? Other city in Douro? Lisbon Airport?

Thanks in Advance!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Shops in Porto/Douro region

By portuguese wines you mean table wines (red, white and rosés) or just Porto wine? Both in Lisboa and Porto you have the ViniPortugal showrooms with all the portuguese wine regions (www.viniportugal.pt/index.php…).

For a wine shop that is able to dispatch items for delivery look at https:/…

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Shops in Porto/Douro region

Thanks.

From ViniPortugal website, it seems that it does not sell wines. Is this really the case?

Any other wine store (more table wines) you recommend in Porto? Lisboa I will arrive just on time to catch my flight, so if the airport is not a good place to buy, think it will have to be on Porto, where I will have a few more hours.

Otherwise I will try to buy online from Garrafeira and ask them to deliver to my hotel in Lamego.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Shops in Porto/Douro region

If you like, have a look at Vinho e Coisas in Matosinhos/Porto. virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Portugal/Di…

and the following Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJjBX5zq59k

Oslo
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Shops in Porto/Douro region

In douro valley you can buy wine from the quintas directly. You can Even taste first. Pick up the flyer for the portwine route at the tourist info e.g in regua.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Shops in Porto/Douro region

When I was in Porto this June, there was a little store on the way to our hotel, very city center and it had a nice selection of wine very inexpensive and a lot of them in 1/2 bottles. I should've bought more. It was just a little hole in the wall type grocery, convenience store. Here was my selection, with good intention to bring some home, alas, none of them made the suitcase.

…photobucket.com/albums/…100_2158.jpg

Everything that we wanted to buy was more expensive in Lisboa than in Oporto.

We did go to viniportugal in Porto. Well worth the visit.

6. Re: Wine Shops in Porto/Douro region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 02:18