We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Hotel Peninsular

England
Level Contributor
131 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Hotel Peninsular

We probaly won't get to the hotel peninsula, Rua Sa da Bandeira, 21, Santo Ildefonso, much before 10pm - can anyone suggest a restaurant within easy walking distance where we could have dinner. Many Thanks

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
418 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Hotel Peninsular

I would suggest Abadia or Escondidinho for typical portuguese dishes.

If you feel into start by tasting the most famous sandwich of Porto, try the Francesinha with french fries at Café Santiago (search them here on TA, you will find reviews and addresses) all of them are within 100-200 metres from Sá da Bandeira.

Have a great lunch!

Sofia

England
Level Contributor
131 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Hotel Peninsular

Thank you Sofia, we ahaveeaten in Abadia a few times and have loved it - the food the atmospehere etc - all good! I think we shall try Escondidinho. I'm afraid the one time we tried a Franchesinha in Guimeraes we were not too wild about it - but I suppose everyonne makes them differently. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query your help is greatly appreciated

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
418 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Hotel Peninsular

you´re welcome!

You really have to try it again, because here in Porto you find definitely the best ones!

For other meals, if you would like more suggestions:

- innovative: Bugo art burgers

- typical and good food and filled with locals: Cufra

- expensive and "haute cuisine" style: Rui Paula

Edited: 19 April 2012, 13:39
4. Re: Restaurant near Hotel Peninsular

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:16