We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8th Mar 0000--1000 in Porto, what can I see?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
1 review
Save Topic
8th Mar 0000--1000 in Porto, what can I see?

I will arrive at about 2300 on 7th Mar and fly out at 1200 from OPO airport. I've never been to Porto before and have only been in Portugal (Lisbon) for an afternoon in summer a couple of years ago. This might be my only visit to this city.

What can I realistically see in this timeframe? I'm a foodie, and I'm most interested in sights that're unique to the location I visit. Not keen on clubbing or nightlife.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Gota a Gota Wine House
Wine Bars, Gift & Speciality Shops
Club Musica 80's
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,517 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8th Mar 0000--1000 in Porto, what can I see?

I am afraid that the only things you might see are the markets, which open around 8am.

It's also likely to be raining!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 8th Mar 0000--1000 in Porto, what can I see?

I also just looked on the TripAdvisor list of attractions -- am I likely to be able to make it for a tour of the Stock Exchange?

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8th Mar 0000--1000 in Porto, what can I see?

You won´t have time to visit the Stock Exchange Palace. Most of the moments only open at 9am pr 9,30am. However you can go to the Cathedral area for a panoramic view of Porto during the morning and also go for a walk until the river bank.

4. Re: 8th Mar 0000--1000 in Porto, what can I see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 06:18