We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

I booked transfers from Porto Airport to Porto city centre several months ago and travel tomorrow, 14th May 2013.

The company I am booked with is EV Tours and the tickets tell me I should ring them 48 hours before travelling.

I have been ringing them on and off for the last 30 hours and also emailed them without any replies. Do they exist?

Can anybody in the Porto area advise me about this company.

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

Have tracked down these guys:

EVTours - Full Services Portugal, Viagens e Turismo S.A.

Rua Veríssimo de Almeida, Lote 16 - 1º andar

Faro

8000-444 Faro

geral@evtours.pt;filipe.madeira@evtours.pt

Landline: +351 289 898 920

However, the website is down.

Looks like an algarve-based outfit who are acting as agents for someone in Porto.

I assume you do know that there is a metro service every half hour between Porto Airport and Porto centre et al.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

Thanks for your reply.

No replies from any of their phone numbers including their 24 hour emergency number since early yesterday morning. No replies from any emails but that's not surprising if their web site is down.

You can't help thinking that the company has gone bust or something like that.

I am aware of alternatives to get me into Porto and if nobody turns up I'll probably get a taxi.

Thanks again for your response.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

Update on E V Tours

I had booked this company through Expedia and I notified them before travelling that I could not contact E V Tours and they also tried without result.

E V Tours did turn up at the airport but with no explanation about contacting them.

E V Tours were supposed to fax my hotel with a pick up time and of course they didn't. I spent the last day of my holiday trying to contact them for my pick up time but got no response. Expedia also tried to contact them and sent several emails also unanswered.

Later on the last day the manager of my hotel said he would try someone he knew to see if he could get help and succeeded in finding out my pick up time!

In summary E V Tours did turn up at the airport and did turn up at my hotel but for peace of mind I'll never book with this company again. Their customer service is appalling!!

London
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

Disappointed with EV Tours. We called to ask if they could change our pick up time and she replied not my problem! We paid for a taxi instead.

Very poor customer service.

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

Better to book with:

- Airportshuttle airportshuttle@100rumos.com , tel. +351 960426692

- Goin’Porto www.goinporto.com,

- BUS4ALL bus4all.porto@gmail.com , tel. +351 961495847

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

Does anyone have a recent and valid number for EV tours? I am using them on the 12th and cannot contact them in order to confirm this, and after reading all the reviews about them I am not too optimistic! It say's on my booking that it is confirmed and there is no need to contact the company, but I'm still unsure as to whether I should contact them to confirm as it says to do on the ticket itself.

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

00351 289 000 642

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

I've just rung that number and it states best transfers for you, I'm confused is it the right number? Also they said only confirm the day before but the email from expedia says at least 48hrs before? Any assistance would be grateful. Thanks

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

I have just tried contacting that number and it says they are called best transfers for you and to contact. Them 24hrs before not the 48hrs as stated in the email by expedia,any assistance would be grateful as fly Tuesday. Thanks

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent *** EV Tours Airport Shuttle Bus *** Urgent

Best to get in touch with Expedia or go to the tourist information office for further help.