We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online train tickets Porto to LIsbon

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
816 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Online train tickets Porto to LIsbon

Hello,

Just about to purchase tickets online from Porto to LIsbon.. One month in advance which is not a problem, on cp.pt

What my problem is, that we would like to depart from Sao Bento, and the online drop down box on the online purchase screen, does not show this station.

It does show Campanha.! Do I just make the Booking for Porto Campanha to Santa Apolonia Lisbon online,and worry about getting from Sao Bento to Campanha, when we are in Porto?

When looking up the train timetable page, I can put in Sao Bento from the drop down box and get details, showing prices,times, and stations etc..

What am I doing wrong, or is it impossible to purchase online from cp.pt departures from Sao Bento?

I thought that I did read that journeys from Sao Bento to Campanha are free one hour before an onward journey !. Is this correct, and how does it work.?

I hope someone can sort out my little problem.

Kindest Regards

RSA

Special Offer
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
753 reviews
from US$90.10*
US$112.60
Douro Valley Wine Tour: Visit to...
107 reviews
from US$118.90*
Special Offer
Guimarães and Braga Small Group Tour...
30 reviews
from US$80.10*
US$100.10
Private Porto  from Lisbon
7 reviews
from US$175.20*
San Diego...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online train tickets Porto to LIsbon

You can not go from Sao Bento straight to Lisbon. You have to take a 5-10 minute train to Campanha first and that is where the high speed train departs for Lisbon. You should try to get on that train (AP). The trip from Sao Bento to Campanha is Very Easy. No worries there.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
21,713 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online train tickets Porto to LIsbon

As far as I know the ticket from Porto-Campanhã to Lisboa at the AP/IC is valid for the connection to/from São Bento. On the timetable page you have which train at São Bento does the connection to the IC/AP at Porto-Campanhã and if you open the price link (see) it shows only the price for the AP/IC http://www.cp.pt/cp/searchTimetable.do

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Online train tickets Porto to LIsbon

The train directly to Lisbon only departs from Campanhã. However the ticket is valid for the trip between S. Bento and Campanhã.

4. Re: Online train tickets Porto to LIsbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 05:16