We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

Manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

We're staying at the Vitoria Village for 3 nights in July. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant, ideally within walking distance of the hotel? We're doing a full day trip on the river, which is going to be a long day so we just want something close by. We're getting the train back so will arrive at Sao Bento station - would be good if the restaurant could be between the station and the hotel!

I've looked on TripAdvisor but there seem to be so many it's just a minefield! I'm looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere/ambience preferably Portuguese and serving good wine. I've already booked Ode Porto winehouse on one night so something along those lines would be good.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Vitoria Village
Vitoria Village
462 Reviews
Porto, Portugal
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
MUU Steakhouse
££££, Steakhouse, European, Portuguese
Euskalduna Studio
££££, European, Contemporary, Portuguese
eLeBe Entreparedes
££ - £££, European, Deli, Contemporary
Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
418 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

My suggestions: Abadia, Escondidinho (both for typical dishes) or Café Santiago (more informal).

Sofia

Mentioned in this post
Escondidinho
Escondidinho
928 Reviews
Porto, Portugal
Cafe Santiago
Cafe Santiago
3,331 Reviews
Porto, Portugal
Manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

Many thanks Sofia.

Abadia looks very promising. Someone else has also recommended it to me. Think it could be the one!

Thanks

Manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

Many thanks Sofia.

Abadia looks very promising. Someone else has also recommended it to me. Think it could be the one!

Thanks

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

Simple solution. Just ask Patricia or Marco for recommendations when you get there. They have a wealth of knowledge of the area and are only too happy to share it.

Manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

Thanks. I take it you've stayed there then. I'm really looking forward to it and will be sure to ask them.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

Yes, we did enjoy Vitoria Village. It is an is an oasis in an otherwise interesting but grimy city. Still, we thought that Porto was better than Lisbon. Less druggies and dropkicks.

Mentioned in this post
Vitoria Village
Vitoria Village
462 Reviews
Porto, Portugal
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

I ran out of edit time.

After we drove our car into the elevator to be lowered down to the courtyard, we enjoyed a welcome port while chatting to Patricia about the highlights of Porto. Then we went off to our room with a complimentary bottle of port. Our visit coincided with the Football World Cup and the games were projected onto the big screen in the garden with complimentary beer, sangria and nibbles each night. Hence, we didn't actually need to check out the restaurants. On departure we received yet another bottle of port.

Excellent hosts.

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
8. Re: Restaurants near Vitoria Village, Porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 05:16