We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help us decide where to stay, please.

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Help us decide where to stay, please.

We will be in Porto in October - coming by train to Lisbon and will also take a train to Pinhao.

I made reservations at Cosme Guesthouse which gets great reviews on TA (Rua Barao De S. Cosme n67) but my travel partner thought it was too far from the city center. Then, I made reservations for B. Places (apartment at Rua Belomonte, n106) which is more central.

But then, I saw Loulé Estúdios, a cheaper, but still looks nice apartment at Rua Duque de Loulé, n135.

We don't know Porto at all and don't know which area would be best to stay in. Would like an area where we can walk to dinner and feel safe coming back to the hotel. Any thoughts? Thanks for any tips or other suggestions.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help us decide where to stay, please.

Anyone able to answer? Thank you.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help us decide where to stay, please.

Go for apartment at Rua Belomonte, n106, it's not far from the riverside, you can walk easily and it's a typical residential area. Rua Duque de Loulé, n135 has a lot of traffic/noise.

If you like, you could have a look at Google Maps and use streetview to get an impression.

Edited: 10 August 2013, 16:26
Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
164 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help us decide where to stay, please.

If you want to stay close to the river, you can give a look to " In the Patio Guest House " which also has very good reviews.

4. Re: Help us decide where to stay, please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:18