We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying ticket from Porto to Lisboa on AP train

New York
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Buying ticket from Porto to Lisboa on AP train

I want to purchase my ticket for my Porto to Lisboa-Oriente AP train. I have a few questions before doing so.

-My train will be on October 18, a Friday morning, either the 9:47 or the 11:47. How far in advance do I need to make my purchase? If I wait until I am in Portugal 8 days from now, will I have a problem getting a seat?

-My reading of the terms of the ticket is that I can make one change in train time after purchasing the ticket. Is this correct? If I do have the right to make a change, then I can feel safer purchasing the 9:47 now, then possibly changing the time if I decide to leave Porto later in the morning.

-Is the first class ticket worth the extra money?

Thanks for your help. And I would appreciate any other info you want to offer.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,201 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying ticket from Porto to Lisboa on AP train

"If I wait until I am in Portugal 8 days from now, will I have a problem getting a seat?" No problem, just buy it the day before your departure date.

According to CP terms and conditions "If for any reason you cannot use your ticket, you can alter the date or time of your journey for free online...or at a CP long-distance ticket office up until 30 minutes before the train starts its journey. After this period and up until the next 2 hours, you can still do this at the station where the train begins its journey. In this case there will be a surcharge."

"Is the first class ticket worth the extra money?" I don't think so.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying ticket from Porto to Lisboa on AP train

There is also a slower and cheaper Intercity train at 1052 if you are unable to make the 0947 and don't want to wait until the next AP train.

Friday mid-morning trains aren't particularly busy as advised.

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying ticket from Porto to Lisboa on AP train

You can buy your ticket to Lisboa at:

- Campanhã train station - is the busiest in the city and where the trains departure to Lisboa , or

- S. Bento railway station - is the most central one.

4. Re: Buying ticket from Porto to Lisboa on AP train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:19