We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto airport information

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cluj-Napoca, Cluj...
6 posts
Save Topic
Porto airport information

Hello!

I will be departing from this airport a few days from now, at about 9 a.m. and I need some information.

First of all, when is the first metro to the airport? Would I be able to catch one at about 7 a.m.?

Also, is the duty-free shop open in the morning? I'd like to buy some bottles of wine, but I only have hand luggage so buying them from the airport would be the best option.

Thanks!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto airport information

The first metro leaves the Estádio do Dragão station for the airport at 0610 am every day and passes through the city centre a few minutes later. But the trains to the airport run only every 30 minutes, so do check the timetable at www.metrodoporto.pt

You don't get duty free travelling to Romania or any other EU country. The price in the airport shop will be about the same as in the shops in the city. Sorry I cannot remember what time the shops open and the airport website does not say.

Cluj-Napoca, Cluj...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto airport information

Thanks for the info!

I was asking about the shop timetable because by only having hand luggage I won't be allowed to carry bottles larger than 100 ml only by buying them from inside the airport.

Maybe someone else knows the opening time.

Thank you!

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto airport information

Metro timetable

Mondays to fridays

Estádio do Dragão 6.11 - arrival at the airport 6.46

Estádio do Dragão 6.45 - arrival at the airport 7.20

Saturday and Sundays

Estádio do Dragão 6.10 - arrival at the airport 6.45

Estádio do Dragão 6.44 - arrival at the airport 7.19

The duty-free shop opens in the morning, everyday

4. Re: Porto airport information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:39