We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

timetable of bus line 3M

london/uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
timetable of bus line 3M

Please could someone tell me how to get the timetable of bus line 3M (from Porto city centre to the Airport)? /I have tried stcp website unsuccessfully/

Thanks

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,181 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: timetable of bus line 3M

www.stcp.pt/pt/viajar/linhas/…

is the one for weekdays. Otherwise you choose the other tabs (sábados - domingos)

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: timetable of bus line 3M

3M Line (Av. Aliados - Airport):

This line is operating between 01h and 05h00.

Service runs on a 60-minute frequency.

The following bus stops stand out: Av. Aliados (terminus); Trindade; Carolina Michaelis; Monte dos Burgos; Padrão da Légua; Ponte de Moreira; Pedras Rubras; Aeroporto (terminus)

london/uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: timetable of bus line 3M

Yes, that is the one am looking for.

As I have a very early flight, need to leave Porto City at dawn cca.4-4.30am .Therefore, it would be crucial to know the actual departing time at either bus stops. Not wishing to stand 60mins in any bus stops with such transport frequency as 1hr...

Thanks for you all

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: timetable of bus line 3M

Indeed, no one wants to stand at a bus stop for an hour during the night.

Take a taxi number with you as a back up:

http://taxisporto.com/index.php?page=home

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,751 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: timetable of bus line 3M

I don't quite understand the problem. The bus leaves Aliados at 0300 let's say. The next timed stop is at MTE. BURGOS 13 minutes later, at 0313. It is the 14th stop, so a reasonable estimate would be 1 minute between stops.

So, if one arrives at any of the intermediate stops at 0300, the longest waiting time would be 12 minutes.

Arrival at the airport would be 0328.

The next question if I were doing the trip at such an hour would be .exactly which bus stop as places like Aliados has several.

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: timetable of bus line 3M

To get the timetable of bus line 3M (from Porto city centre to the Airport,) you ca see here:

www.stcp.pt/pt/viajar/linhas/…

london/uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: timetable of bus line 3M

Many thanks for all your help

8. Re: timetable of bus line 3M

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:29