We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Duoro Valley in June for 3 in 1 room

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois (Chicago...
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Duoro Valley in June for 3 in 1 room

Hi all,

I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.

These are 5 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.

*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.

*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.

*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive

*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?

*Casa Relogio de Sol - $304 for 2 nights–maybe extra 50 euros for extra person?; includes brkfast; wi-fi;pool;a/c;10-minute drive to Peso da Régua with its restaurants and bars. Free bikes; can't find an email address to ask questions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
590 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Duoro Valley in June for 3 in 1 room

Hi McCarder,

Whenever I have been to Douro Valley, I have stayed here:

https:/…

It's a farm 7km from Pinhão. Lots of rural character, great wineries, large vineyard areas. They also produce olive oil. They have rural houses scattered around the property for tourists to stay. They host wine tasting, wine producing information sessions, and sometimes they have a jeep there which they use to do tours around the vineyards. Unfortunately, there's no pool. However, the Douro river in Pinhão is really calm and people swim there all summer (I also do).

For prices, send a message through FB. But I'm sure it is within your budget.

Pinhão is a great place to stay, mainly because it's an important part of the Douro Valley's wine industry, having lots of wine estates and a great connection with the Douro.

Hope it helped, and have a nice trip.

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Duoro Valley in June for 3 in 1 room

See also, with pool and activities:

- Quinta do Tedo (near the river) www.quintadotedo.com/‎

- Morgadio da Calçada (near Pinhão) www.morgadiodacalcada.com

3. Re: Lodging in Duoro Valley in June for 3 in 1 room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15