We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi in povoa de varzim

Longford Ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi in povoa de varzim

I have the metro sorted...how do I organise a taxi from metro station in povoa de varzim to take me to avenida dos pescadores. aver o mar. Any idea on taxi fares fro 5 adults???

8 replies to this topic
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi in povoa de varzim

Usually there are taxis at the metro station. But if you want to make reservations, maybe use the following:

http://taxisribamar.com/indexEN.html

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,403 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi in povoa de varzim

The "normal" taxis will carry only 4 passengers, you'll probably need 2 taxis.

Longford Ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi in povoa de varzim

thank you :)

Esposende, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi in povoa de varzim

Usually, you can take a taxi just 100mts from metro station wayout. There are some taxis that supports until 7 people. May be you can find there. Otherwise, you have to take 2 taxis. Each trip may cost something between 5 to 10 euros. Until our hotel it's 5 euros, so to there it may arrive to 10 euros. Best luck and good trip!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi in povoa de varzim

How do you get from Porto Airport to Povoa de Varzim, does the Metro mentioned go there.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi in povoa de varzim

Yes, you can go there by metro. You switch at the 2nd stop (verdes) to the B line and stay till the last stop. http://www.metrodoporto.pt/en/

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi in povoa de varzim

Hi! I am planning this Aug 2016 a trip to Porto, then to Povoa de Varzim (train station), from where I will need to take a taxi to get to get a camp site just 11 km north, on the beach side in Estela (Camping ground with a cabin).

I was wondering how was your taxi experience. Was is fine to get to Povoa and call a taxi by the train station?

I was planning to get a taxi only when we get to Povoa, family of 4.

Did oyu pay around 10 Euros?

Thanks.

Esposende, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi in povoa de varzim

Hello!

Considering to your request, you will have to expect to pay something like 20 euros for that trip to Estela Camping. After getting out Póvoa metro station, you will need to walk 2 minutes to get a taxi. Otherwise, you can speak and book directly with a taxi driver that we usually work, because he is serious and speaks well english: Fernando Vieira (00351) 964310673. Expect it can help you. Have a great day! ;) Sergio Torre from Sol Povoa & Varzinn Hotel, from Povoa de Varzim.

Reply to: taxi in povoa de varzim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Povoa de Varzim