We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Siesta Beach Complex

Ireland
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
La Siesta Beach Complex

Hi,

I was thinking of booking our family holiday in the Siesta Beach complex next year. I understand that it is a private complex and not a holiday apartment rental so I have been unable to locate a webpage for it. We found the rental on owners direct website and just want as much information as possible before we commit to booking.

We are a family of two adults and two teenage girls and there may be a further two teenage friends join us. Does anyone know this complex or have any information about it regarding location good or bad.

I am hoping not to have car hire and ideally would like a location where we can walk to everything(resturant, shops, beach, etc) and get public transport to and from the airport, to waterparks etc. Mostly the girls will just hang out at the pool or beach.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards,

Denise

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,353 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

La Cala is on the main bus route to Fuengirola one way and Marbella the other. There are lots of restaurants and bars, supermarkets and general stores in the area and twice a week there is a market. It seems to be a little way up towards Marbella direction than the main part of La Cala but its not too far to walk.

Here's a link to google maps which shows you where it is. (Its in Spanish, as I picked it up from a Spanish site but the street view is useful)

http://goo.gl/maps/asgo4

If you scroll the map to the right you will see just where the main part of La Cala is and the markets are held over on the Feria site, reached by going under the main motorway.

To get from the airport you can get the bus to Marbella which will stop in La Cala and you can then walk along to the apartments or you could book a transfer with a company like transfersdelsol or travel republic.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 05 July 2013, 16:31
Ireland
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

Thank you Ceejayblue your input is most appreciated. I'm used to being able to get a lot of information but as the complex is not on tripadvisor I cannot obsess and read all the reviews for tips.

Regards,

Denise

Rugby, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

Hi Denise

We are actually going to this complex on Friday! We went to La Cala de Mijas last year and overlooked La Siesta Beach. We were very impressed, hence the booking this year. It sounds as though you have been looking at the apartment we have booked. The complex is literally 2 minutes from the lovely beach which has a variety of beach bars and restaurants. There is a main road running through La Cala and I would suggest sticking to the beach side, known as the "village" as there are many high-rise buildings on the other side. I'm not sure what your teenagers will be expecting but we had an 18 year old and 21 year old in our party last year and they enjoyed it. Hope this helps......I will gladly feed back when we return. Regards Sue

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,353 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

Not sure I'd call the apartments blocks outside of "the village" high rise. I think they go up about 8 floors, high rise would be what you get in Benidorm or a some of the blocks on the paseo at Fuengirola. But having said that, La Cala is a lovely place and we always visit the market and the beach there when we're on the coast.

Ireland
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

Hi Sue,

Thank you for replying I went ahead and made the booking. The apartment and complex looks gorgeous :) I had a good look with google maps thanks to ceejayblue. We are going in July for two weeks and there will be 6 of us. We plan on going to the waterpark in Torremolinos. Do you know if its easy to get public transport there and back?

I would appreciate any tips or restaurant recommendations.

I hope you enjoy your holiday.

Tks,

Denise

Rugby, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

Hi Denise

My son and grandchildren are going to a water park....will let you know!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

Thanks Sue

Skelmersdale...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

we have owned at this complex for 10 years and have the most amazing times there. I have 5 daughters ranging from now 23 to 13 and all love being there. in fact 3 are there at the moment. they have made many fantastic friends, English, Irish and Spanish over the years and are in contact with them from home all the time. You don't need a hire car but we use one as there is garaging for each apartment underground. The waterpark at Fuengirloa is easy to access via a direct bus from the square. The transport system is very good to all areas but quite honestly my lot would happily spend all day at the pool or beach and have a stroll to the centre at night. there is always something going but nothing too loud and noisy. Unless you're there when the fair is on, then expect a bit of late night noise. market days get very busy. lots of great eating too. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do

Portstewart, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

No sir you don't need a car your 10 to 15 mins of the town everything at your door Rest Bars Shops etc PMc Cann

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Siesta Beach Complex

I have lived in La Siesta Beach. There are 2. One a brown building & the other a smaller white building, the one I lived in. Both complexes are great for families & so handy to the beach, that if you forget anything it's easy to pop back. Both have back gates which are 1 small street back from the beach. If you have any questions please feel free to ask & I will try & answer them. Oh I never had a car & used public transport.

Get answers to your questions about La Cala de Mijas
Recent Conversations