We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of some info if anyone can help.

We are travelling as a family of 4 ( 2 adults and 2 children..13 &15) we would like to stay at the muang samui villas and suites in Choeng Mon and are looking at the 2 bedroom family pool villa. My question is has anyone stayed here in this villa and does it have two bedrooms plus a lounge or just 1 bedroom and lounge /bedroom. I know there are two king beds but the kids are boy and girl and at that age can't share and don't really want one on the sofa. Does anyone know if they put another bed in or is it just a sofa bed. At the price they charge I'm hoping the bed is at least a proper bed.

Help please.

Canberra
Level Contributor
590 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

If you go to the hotel web site it says 2 separate bedrooms for the Family pool villa.

www.muangsamui.com/msmvillas/?page_id=518

The Family pool suite has a single in the same room as the double bed/

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

Hi, yes thanks I had looked and as had heard conflicting stories I called them and no it's not two bedrooms it's one bedroom with one bedroom/lounge depending on how many staying. They are trying now to get another bed in so the kids both get a bed and we don't have war on who's on the sofa.

Thanks for your help

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

Can anyone tell me what the night life is like on Choeng Mon please....I'm not wanting party Central because of kids in tow but would be great to sit at a beach bar with a drink chatting to locals and maybe playing some cards with the kids.

We are going to hire a car when we are there for a couple of days to see the island and do some trips...think the kids want the elephant trek. Can anyone recommend a good driver? Car rental company? Etc thanks in advance

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

There are about 30 or so bars and restaurants along both he beach and high street in Choeng Mon, so sounds like the area would be perfect for you. Its only 10 minutes drive to Bhoput and Chaweng if you fancy a night out at a busier resort.

Canberra
Level Contributor
590 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

Driving is pretty easy if you keep your eyes open and don't try to rush. We have booked cars with Hertz again this year (June), they still seem to have the best prices of the major franchises, book via the Thai site, not the global site, a few threads here have the links and details of various renters, including some good locals.

http://www.hertzthailand.com/EN/Default.aspx

Also plenty of recent threads on cars/tours with driver.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
668 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

Mmmh, so you are paying possibly in excess of THB 12,000 per night and won't even get separate bedrooms for everybody?

For around THB 9,000 you could rent your own private 3 bedroom pool villa, probably double the size of the room at the Muang Samui.

Just a thought.

7. Re: Muang samui villas and suites choeng mon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Choeng Mon