We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sifnos?????

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sifnos?????

We are looking at booking a week in Sifnos in September. The village of faros looks appealing at the moment but wondered if anyone has any recommendations on resorts or accomadation beaches etc. We like it quietbut not sure whether it will be closing

Thanks

Racheal

London England
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sifnos?????

We just returned from Sifnos but usually go in September. We don't actually stay in Faros because there isn't much there compared to Vathi. The most activity is in town, Apollonia, but Vathi has a nice long beach, several nice tavernas, coffee shop/ice cream-type places and a few places for a drink (we usually had wine at the tavernas). The Elies Resort is very expensive in Vathi and requires a cash deposit. We stayed in self-catering rooms at Xanthakis Apartments--there are two, we stayed in the one on the right--and it was perfectly comfortable and pleasant. In Apollonia, we stayed in the Petali Village, which we go to every summer. Very nice accommodation and a 5-minute walk to town for the tavernas.

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sifnos?????

Thanks for that, Unfortunatley we paid our deposist on a place in Faros yesterday lol Isnt it always the way. We hope to have a good look around the island anyway so we will take a look at where you stayed and maybe next time.

If you can think of any must do sights , eats etc I would be grateful

Thanks

Racheal

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sifnos?????

Don't worry. Faros is a lovely spot with three good beaches one of which (Fassolou I think it's called) has an excellent taverna and tamarisks providing shade. It's my first choice of places to stay on the island.

London England
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sifnos?????

The little church on Chryssopigi is definitely worth a trip. Take a picnic lunch and have it out there. It's gorgeous. And have a taste of the local cheese, instead of feta, on your Greek (village) salad. It is out of this world.

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sifnos?????

Thank you both of you, i havent found a greek island yet I havent liked so I am sure we will be fine.

Thanks

London England
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sifnos?????

Oops, one last thing. There is a barber in Apollonia, just opposite the travel agency, who is nothing short of a wizard with the scissors. My husband gets a fantastic haircut every time we go!

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sifnos?????

Thanks for that by the time we get there we will have been out of the UK for 3 months so my husband should get his moneys worth . lol

8. Re: Sifnos?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 15:17