We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Which Greek Island in September?

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Topic
HELP! Which Greek Island in September?

I am having a nightmare with which Greek Island to go to in the first week in September. I have already booked to go to Pefkohori but am now wondering whether or not to change it. We are looking for:

good weather (25ºC - 30ºC), no rain!

small village style resort with fairly lively but chilled bars, restaurants and nightlife (not club 18-30 type though and no skyscraper hotels!)

resort with tradition but still with home comforts (not tacky resort)

nice soft pale sandy beach and clear blue sea

day and night markets to buy souvenirs & home made stuff

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Which Greek Island in September?

Hi

I've just booked a fortnight at the beginning of sept for Kefalos in Kos.

Supposed to be the sort of resort you're looking for. I wanted things within walking distance, no high rise hotels or hotels above noisy pubs/clubs.

Think you'd have to walk further round the bay for a sandy beach tho, the closest one to where I've booked is a shingle one!

Good luck with the search, mine took a while!

2. Re: HELP! Which Greek Island in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 23:20