We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

I have read conflicting reports about how long the ticket tothe Acropolis is good for? More than a day? Does anyone know how long. We will be traveling in July. Thanks!

Bucharest
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

At least two days. I distinctly remember using the Akropolis part on one day and the Agora the following day.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

I think it's four days, including all 12 of the separate sites.

But I don't think you can't visit the Acropolis itself every day -- they take the individual ticket when you visit it the first time, but you still have the tickets to the remaining sites. They are all separate, even though they are purchased together. (I remember them ripping off the separate tickets, but I could be wrong about visiting the same site twice.)

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

No you can't visit a site twice... and it's SIX ancient sites, not 12. I heard it said that you could use it over a 3 day period, but Greeks have told me they only really check the date on the Acropolis segment... so you could do that at the start of your trip, anc if you come back to Athens later, use the other segments.

sydney
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

Hi Just read this post. We're going to be in Athens about the middle of July. Do you need to or can you buy tickets in advance to visit the Acropolis? We would not be visiting this site until later in the afternoon. Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

Hi holidaykiwiSydney,

No you don't need to purchase a ticket in advance. Just roll up to the ticket box at one of the entrances to the Acropolis and you will be able to buy your ticket. Even in the busiest month of August they won't turn you away (provided they are open of course!)

Ottawa
Level Contributor
963 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

When I bought my ticket two weeks ago I was told by staff that it was good for 4 days.

Susan

7. Re: Acropolis ticket - How long is it good for?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 07:16