We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

Ok. I had a difficult winter and a more difficult summer, working, working, working and again working!

After finding good airfares to Oslo and puzzling our minds if we should do it. . .well. . .we did it!

We booked airfares from Athens to Oslo, right in the time all people come to visit Greece. We will go opposite way and visit Norway.

Why?

For the past 3 days, a small photo of Geiranger was always behind my desktop.

I have visited Norway many many years ago, as a small child, going all the way till Svalbard.

What do i want now?

I absolutely don't know!

I have made the same mistake i am always nagging to our forum visitors. "Do your homework before!"

So, i have done absolutely no homework till now.

I know the basics of our trip:

7 days

Oslo -> Bergen -> wish we make it till Geiranger :)

As i see it, it will be 2 days Oslo, 2 days Bergen and 2 days in Geiranger, or something like that!

So? Now what?

Well, uhm, nothing. I just wanted to tell i am so happy i can hardly can go to sleep and i dream of this trip to do just two things:

1. Walk at Bergen wharf seeing the houses and the fish market i think i remember there. . .

2. Walk at Geiranger up to the mountains! :)

Will i do anything available? No! It is a quick trip and Norway deserves more time.

Do i wait for it? Yes, yes, yes :) Not all people can say: 'Hey, i was at the fjords this summer!"

Goodnight from hot Athens :)

( I posted the same in Norway forum. Gn all :) )

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

NICK you annoying tourist.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

Just kidding!!

Who is 'we?'

I cant help you, I have never been to Norway. BUT I can say.. do some dang research lol.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

lol.

Let's say that Geiranger is the North European equivalent of Santorini, lot more green though! :)

Check this:

ourworldtravels.com/owt/norway/geiranger/gei…

We are a small friends-group of architects doing all this kind of crazy things, like going to Norway without research ( Oh God, Ollie the Owl will never forgive me )! Aim? Hunting the perfect air fare and then going for it!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

Oh gosh, the first thing I saw was "hunting" and I was going to fly to athens just to slap you! Poor animals LOL

Ohhh that photo is gorgeous!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

The only hunting i would like to do would be these airfares.

Yes, i don't like hunting too myself. Some people do and it's their right, i don't :)

I am going to sleep now :) I know it sounds silly but it was exhausting!

I was standing in front of the airline's screen, with the "PAY THE TICKET YOU SILLY" button, thinking: "to press it or not to press it?"

Airfare is 190 euros p.p. r/t all incl. ATH-OSL.

How things are going there? We do have a 39'er - 105F hot weather here. I would even go to North Pole now :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

Oh gosh 39.. Sick. Its 24 here. Warm, but not hot. Its pretty good. I prefer hotter, but no complaints!

Gnight Nick, after an exhausting day of sitting at a computer, exercising your clicker finger LOL "JUST CLICK IT YOU STUPID!"

LOL

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

oh, you said silly, not stupid.. Whoops!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

lol:-) either way, good for you Nick..have a blast and don't forget to post all about it in Norway Forum! Have a fantastic time..and of course, goes without saying...ENJOY!!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

Hi nick

39.....it's 8 here and I'm sick of the cold. Can't wait to get on the plane to Athens. Only 2 more weeks!

Great news about the holiday, it sounds like you deserve one. When are you going ?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
959 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yipiie! We booked air tickets!

Can I come too? Is dangling a gorgeous photo like that in front of us poor homebodies appropriate? Yes. No. Seriously, have a great time. And post a link to your trip report (you will be writing a trip report, won't you?) in the Greece forum.

Susan