We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Santorini to Mykonos

ny
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Santorini to Mykonos

We are going to Greece in early Sept , 2008 . We fly into Athens and then fly onto Santorini for a couple of day . From Santorini we will take a ferry to Mykonos where we plan to stay a few days. My concern is this, bad seas in which the ferrys do not take off and we are stuck in Santorini and it messes up our whole trip . In Mykonos we go back to Athens to spend a few days and then back to US. So you see the whole leg of the trip will be compromised. HAs this happened to anyone ? Any suggestions ?

Midland, MI
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Mykonos

We just took ferry from Crete to Santorini July 4. We took the high speed catamaran from Hellenic Seaways. According to my info, they can handle a lot of seas. Also the large car ferries seem to run reliably, we watched many come in to Mykonos when we were there, they ran according to schedule. It is the hydrofoils that get cancelled, from what I understand.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Mykonos

You only have one ferry connection. The chances of this being cancelled is very small. It does not compromise your trip at all you can take a larger ferry to Paros and change to a large catamaran from Paros to Mykonos. These larger vessels are less likely to cancellation in rough seas. Just bear in mind alternatives if you are worried.

3. Re: Ferry from Santorini to Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 03:19