We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

Have read all the recent posts (and the nonsense) re safety etc etc and have decided........

Lets all go on our holidays to Greece because, despite recent problems, IT IS ........

A SAFE environment

Sooooo welcoming to visitors

Has the most amazing food

Is full of historical sights

Has unbelievable architecture

Has guaranteed summer sun

Loves children and families

Has fab beaches

Is choc-a-bloc with interesting people

Lives life to the full

Is a place where you can economize when money is tight

IN SHORT....has a culture where visitors are protected, welcomed and valued because THEY (Athenians, Cretans, etc etc), have a deeply entrenched culture of hospitality and a sense of fun!!!

Need I say more! :O)

london
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

i agree thats why were going for 4 months june 2 sept travelling round .think after reading your post weve made a good choice.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,093 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

Hurrah! Yes - let's ALL go. What am I saying? I AM going - flight booked & paid, so no way am not going.

Will scrimp & save - hang on a mo. . . . must go turn down the heating another notch or two & put on a third jumper & fourth pair of socks . . . & no need for the lights whilst the low voltage tree ones are on . . . . it's lovely sitting in the semi-dark! Just had a yummy (cheap) veggie casserole for tea. And what about the 22p VAT saving in every £10 I spend - into the piggy bank with it! Shall salt away my Christmas bonus instead of spending on something frivolous.

Alice73 - I am soooooo envious!!!! You'll have a ball! Lots of lovely people on here and in Greece will make sure you do.

Hurrah for Creteaholic! Hurrah for us all!

london
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

yes carnt wait better than a wet summer in england.were only students so we dont have a huge budget ,but im hoping for generouse parents 2 help me out a little bit .but as the last person said i will scrimp and save 2 make sure i can go .

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

My husband said this evening. Maybe we should look at somewhere else, what with the way the Euro's going maybe we should look at somewhere like Croatia. I said over my dead body.

Unfortunately for him I AM THE TRAVEL AGENT! Even if I have to say the whole of Croatia or anywhere that takes other currency is full. He has no choice. Bless him, he was only joking because he knows how to wind me up. Lol

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

I booked my flight to Athens last weekend. Will be arriving on May 23rd. :o))

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

Well, girls, it's good to see that not everybody is afraid of terrorists, a city which resembles Beirut and other horrific things.

Alice, if you choose your destinations wisely then you will certainly not spend too much!

See you all soon!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

Heimdall, I haven't read your post when I typed "girls".

Michelle, as I said, choose the cheap islands. It makes HUGE difference!!!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,093 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

MyBelle - tell him it costs NOTHING to look & the huge saving made will easily pay for Greece! On the other hand if he really wants to go to Croatia we look forward to reading his trip report, along with yours from Greece! :-D

Wherever anyone thinks of going remember this - if it will cost €800 & Greece would cost €1000, then in reality you are paying €200 for Greece - what a BARGAIN!!

LOL!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

Thalia, I wondered about that! lol :-)))

london
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lets all go to Greece for our holidays!

which islands are the cheap ones the only thing set in stone is were flying 2 athens ,after that were very flexiable .my boyfriend wants 2 go 2 myknos and santorini .After that we havnt a clue ,just normally go 2 where the mood takes us ,but we want 2 see as many places as possible thanks