We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which greek island with sandy beaches frm Manchester Airport

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which greek island with sandy beaches frm Manchester Airport

Hello

I'm wishing to get a quick get away in the next few weeks and am looking for a lovely Greek Island with beautiful sandy beaches.

I'm planning on holidaying just before the children break for their summer holidays and I know I should buy a book to decide which island would best suit me but I really would be grateful if anyone could help me please.

Ideally I'm looking for a place near to a beautiful sandy beach so my friend and I can go snorkelling and also for nice walks during the day.

I don't want nightclubs but nice restauarants to go to in the evenings for a meal and a few drinks.

I've been to Rhodes before and am going to Lesvos later in the year so am looking at other islands please.

I think Skiathos may fit the bill? (As I do want direct flights from Manchester)

At present I'm ruling out Santorini (black volcanic grit on the beach), Zakynthos (too noisy), Corfu (weather too changeable).

Which low-rise apartments are out there near to sandy beaches with direct flights from Manchester?

I know they are out there but where do I start my search.

Please help me with suggestions.

Thank you

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which greek island with sandy beaches frm Manchester Airport

Hi there

It would help to know what the island options are from Manchester, your travel agent can tell you that, then we can offer some suggestion.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which greek island with sandy beaches frm Manchester Airport

I would suggest looking at Skiathos as it's all pretty much low-rise and they fly direct from Manchester.Look at any resort as all have sandy beaches except maybe Skiathos Town as the beach is a bit of a walk.

If not look at Kefalonia at Lassi, Skala (sand & shingle), Lourdas or Katelios.

3. Re: Which greek island with sandy beaches frm Manchester Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 08:21