We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flythomascook

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
flythomascook

hey there, i ve been traveeling with thomas cook to greece fairly every year with now problems. HOwever this year I booked my tickets and there is a spelling mistake on the first name. I ve been trying to call them for the last 3 weeks with no luck (even if I call at 9am im number 13 at least on the queue) and despite they are open till 19.00 very often they are closing the call centre after 17.00 as they have big queues ( i assume). I complete 3 call back forms with no luck... To sum up I never had a worst customer service. Does anyone think if it will be a problem flying with a spelling mistake (one letter) on the first name? Surname its and rest details are correct.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flythomascook

What number are you ringing Kerry? Is it 0844 8550515. If it isn't, try that one. Even if you are number 13 in the queue usually they answer pretty quickly. I'd be surprised if there's a problem re the first name as when travel agents book flights only with Thomas Cook they only give initials. I'd still check just to be on the safe side though. Other option is to go into your local Thomas Cook and ask them to help you. They won't be able to access the booking as it's against the data protection act, but you never know if you're lucky they may ring the airline for you.

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flythomascook

hello and thanks for your reply, i went to the local office and they said there is nothing they can do. i tried calling some more times and also completed yet another call back form but no luck. it s too late to call this number now but thanks for the -encouraging- advice, i pretty much agree with u that it shouldnt be a problem:)

3. Re: flythomascook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 05:36