We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Libra Holidays

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Libra Holidays

Does anyone know much about these? Following on from the earlier question about Viking Airlines, I've found a holiday to Kos with Libra, and it's a Viking flight. Are they a reputable company?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Libra Holidays

Hi ILGAL

Libra were rumoured to be sailing a bit close to the wind last year around the time that the XK/Kosmar debacle occurred. Their website says they are ABTA and ATOL bonded so if anything were to happen, e.g. they go bust whilst you are away, you would get back to the UK alright.

Looking at their website also throws up some VERY cheap deals to various destinations, no wonder tour companies are going bust really with deals like this.

I expect MyBelle2 can help you here - she is a travel agent and has the "insider's view" for a lot of this type of question.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Libra Holidays

It's a kind of common knowledge that Libra will follow XL sooner or later. It's up to you if you wish o risk it or not.

I wish with all my heart that they will manage to go through these rough times because many people will lose their jobs if they won't. With people in the UK demanding for cheaper holidays every year while everything is getting more and more expensive it's really a gamble for all TOs.

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Libra Holidays

If you think Libra are cheap, take a look at Olympic Holidays! Night flights though.

I'm going to keep monitoring this, then swoop like a ninja next month. Actually, do ninjas swoop?

All I want this summer is a couple of weeks R & R in the Greek sunshine.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Libra Holidays

I have just booked through LIBRA and im now worried reading this post...got a letter this morning as there changing our flights .. should i be concerned going in august!!!

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Libra Holidays

Your new flight times are the same as their website, which is probably good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Libra Holidays

The agents where I work no longer deal with Libra. Whether it's because they were stung with Kosmar, or that they have reduced commission, I don't know. They are ATOL and ABTA bonded. I've noticed both themselves and Olympic Holidays are using Viking flights a lot. Wonder if it is because Viking's fares are much cheaper. Just one tip, always pay by credit card. Even if there's a small charge it's worth it for peace of mind.

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Libra Holidays

Hello Mybelle!

The Olympic flight to Kos is with Monarch. But a horrible flight time, as are Thomson & First Choice. We're on a budget this year, and can only go on or very close to 11 July, which limits our choices somewhat.

What are the chances of late bargains, do you think? I know they all said no, but was that a ploy to get us to book?

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Libra Holidays

Hi ILGAL...........I was as sceptical as you are about the industry saying that there would be no (or very little cheap 'last minute' package deals this year.

I 'hummed and harred' for a while and then, after paranoia took over, I booked a couple of months ago to ensure that I wouldn't end up in Malia or Faliraki. (Def. NOT my style)!!!!

We are on a low cost flight (JET2) and budget accom.(Hotels4U) to Rhodes in a place that we want. I booked it through Travel Republic for peace of mind as it only was a couple of quid more than doing it independently.

GUESS WHAT?...........

The prices have gone up £250, for the same deal, since my time of booking!! Gasp!!!!!!

I could have taken the chance but am so glad that I didn't.

I expect that it pretty much depends on just WHERE you want to go though!! :O)

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Libra Holidays

Hi, Holic.

I'm looking at package deals, which don't seem to have changed significantly over the last couple of months for July departures. Like you, we don't want Faliraki or Kavos, though. I haven't been checking on the prices of June holidays to see if they're coming down in price - maybe I should have, as a guide.

If there are no bargains worth having, we'll either just contact the people we know in Leros and book a flight to Athens & get the ferry or an Olympic flight, or go to Cornwall.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Libra Holidays

Best of luck for that and it's great that you have alternatives.

We are travelling in August as we are tied to the college holidays!! ( It has been quite a shock to the system, and our pockets, as we used to go in late May and mid Sept before we both got jobs in this sector)!

Our holiday budget is very restricted this year and I must have spent a couple of days trying every combination/type of holiday, on the web, before I came up with this one!!!

Just can't wait now................Hope you get fixed up soon.

If we have the hot summer that is predicted, we should have the best of both worlds!!!!! :O) :O) :O)