We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries: Flying Cat or Adlos Kenteris?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
108 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries: Flying Cat or Adlos Kenteris?

I'm planning on taking the ferry from Mykonos to Naxos at the end of August-- is it better to take the Flying Cat III, which operates in the mornings or to take the Aelos Kenteris (Tuesday afternoon departure)? Which one is more reliable? I know the Aelos is larger, but the Flying Cat is a catamaran, which gives it stability -- so I'm not sure which one is more affected by weather. And if there is a strike, will both be equally affected?

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries: Flying Cat or Adlos Kenteris?

I used the Flying Cat last year to go from Naxos down to Ios,it was pretty much on time and there were no problems as the sea was fairly calm.It isnt a long journey so unless it was seriously rough,in which case the Cat probably wouldnt run,then take the early ferryI.I dont think there will be any strikes in August.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries: Flying Cat or Adlos Kenteris?

The difference between the 2 would be 1 beaufort wind strength - generally speaking the flying cats don't travel at more than 8 beaufort whereas the conventional ferries travel at 9. Whatever you do, make sure you secure your ferry tix as late August is still peak season..

{richard, nice avatar..}.

Edited: 16 August 2010, 17:48
3. Re: Ferries: Flying Cat or Adlos Kenteris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2011, 07:18