We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete or Halkidiki

Notts
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Crete or Halkidiki

We have holidayed last 4 years in Minorca but fancy Greece for a change. Have come up with these two places and would welcome any views and hotel recommendations???

We like smaller harbour resorts and without wanting to sound snobby not Butlins by the sea! Love Son Bou Calan Bosch Menorca and Puerto Pollensa Majorca.

Want a hotel with fab pools, kids entertainment (under 12s) and ideally water sports and horse riding near by and other things to do.

Looked at Rethmnon and Georgioupolis?? Also Neilson Anatasia?

Help please very welcome!!!!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
785 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crete or Halkidiki

Crete is indeed a blessed place from all aspects!! I am from Halkidiki , but as I have had vacations over, I know by first hand that it's a beautiful island and offers everything to its visitors. Both Crete and Halkidiki have a variety of resorts to offer and lots of activities. If you don't fancy driving a lot for sight seeing, then I would suggest Halkidiki, as the distances are a lot smaller than Crete. As far as food is concerned, I am 1000% sure that you'll enjoy it at both places. Beaches are fantastic at both places too, but as I have seen most of them at Halkidiki, I could only express an opinion abou them and the word that characterises the vast majority of them is this-- > AMAZING!

Just in case you need any specific questions about Halkidiki, I would be more than happy to answer.

I am confident that no matter which of the two places you choose, you'll have a great time!

Regards,

Yannis.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crete or Halkidiki

Hey and welcome HolidayProcs:-) When are you planning on going?! Bear in mind that Crete is as about as far South as it gets so remains relatively warmer longer..Halkidiki falls in the beautiful Northern part of the Country so has a shorter 'beach' season getting cooler sooner;-) Happy planning and ENjoY!

3. Re: Crete or Halkidiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2012, 07:16