We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise?

MInneapolis
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise?

Is there a cruise that will take me to Mykonos, Santourini and let me stay in Crete?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise?

Hey and welcome Ioanna2:-) Ferries will work..check schedules out at www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ www.greekferries.gr/ Most schedules appear a couple of months ahead of time..some sooner..some later! Happy planning and ENjOY!

MInneapolis
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise?

I was looking for day excursions for each.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise?

Hey again Ioanna2:-) A little confusing since you stated you were looking for a cruise to take you to Mykonos..Santorini..and a drop off /stay in Crete..at least what I understood?;-) Nonetheless, when you say 'excursions' for each..are you referring to while being based ON the isle..around each isle?! No way to do 'excursion or day trips' between these isles..unless, of course, ferry schedules allow for it..say between Santorini and Heraklion in Crete! Depends on when you're going..and schedules available at that time;-) If you can be a bit more specific on exactly what you're looking to accomplish..am sure you'll get some great advise here..Keep enjoyin'!

MInneapolis
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise?

i was wondering if there was a cruise that would take me to mykonos, santorini and then just leave me at crete. A cruise not a ferry. I saw that there was a Louis cruise but it goes all the way back to Athens. Are there any other cruise lines that do a 4 or 5 day cruise? Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise?

Hey again:-) Bottom line, the answer is no! Cruise ships start/end in Piraeus for the most part and follow an itinerary with scheduled ports of call on the isles..and usually, it's never Mykonos followed by Santorini! There are cruise options where you can board on one isle and disembark on another with most usually meeting a ship somewhere enroute..or similar in disembarkig w/Santorini being a favorite..and usually last isle on the cruise! Simple enough to just ferry between Mykonos/Santorini..then ferry over to Heraklion from Santorini..barely a couple of hours there! Keep enjoyin'!

Guelph, Ontario
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise?

I'm not sure if this is too late for your planning. We were on the Louis Cristal in July 2011 and there were people embarking/disembarking at several of the ports on our 7 day cruise, including Mykonos and Istanbul. The itinerary for that cruise has Crete before Santorini and you would have to wait an entire week to get back on the ship but you will never know unless you contact the cruise line and ask them what is possible. I've read several reviews on Louis ships, most not complementary, but I have to say other than having a cabin at the very back of the ship (lots of engine rumbling from midships back), it was clean, the service was good and it got us from point A to point B. I can't say anything about the other ships Louis has, but we were happy with Cristal. I hope this is helpful.

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise?

How about taking a short cruise that includes Mykonos and Santorini, and then flying/ferrying from Athens to Crete afterwards? Best of both worlds...

Redditch, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise?

There are plenty of choices for <a href="www.cruise.co.uk"> cruises </a> on loads of websites, short crusies are really good as you can experience being on a cruise as well as not being away from home for too long.

Edited: 25 July 2012, 11:36
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise?

Try asking on the Cruisecritic part of Trip Advisor, there you will find the cruise experts, I am sure someone there would be able to answer your question

10. Re: Cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 10:16