We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about Aegean air

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
question about Aegean air

Dear all,

Say I am traveling

A3 371 Santorini/Athens 0700/0735

A3 650 Athens/Rome 0845/1000

These 2 flights are SAME DAY connection.

I am very concerned if Aegean Air (A3) can “through” check my luggage from Santorini to Rome, as it is a transfer “from domestic to international flight”!

I have sent them an e-mail, but I have got no response so far. Do fellows here have answers for me? I need it badly.

Thank you.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about Aegean air

I would imagine so. Have travelled from point A, via another airline and country, to point B, and got my luggage checked through from the starting point to point B.

You have a narrow time slot.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about Aegean air

Hey and welcome raytung31:-) I haven't looked up the flight times..but if you book it as a through ticket..Santorini to Rome (with plane change in Athens en route)..you'll not only get your luggage tagged and transferred to final destination, Rome..you'll also be covered in case of a miss;-) If you book the flights separately..separate tickets, you may or may not be able to tag all the way..but you won't have the guarantee on being put on 'next available flight out' in case of a miss! Happy planning..and EnjOY!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,817 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about Aegean air

Exactly: If it's booked in the same ticket ( like Santorini -> Rome, via Athens ) they 'll get everything correct, this being their responsibility.

All flights depart / land at the same terminal in Athens, so no different spots there. Moreover, they have a couple of yrs arranged their flights this way in certain "waves" with dawn time domestic flights feeding early morning Europe flights.

If it's two different tickets ( or of course two different airlines ) it's nearly impossible.

If this is oen ticket, when you arrive at Athens Airpor, head to "transfer passengers" desk, in order to clear you for security line and get to board to the next flight immedaitelly. Transfer desk is clearly signed as you enter the terminal.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: question about Aegean air

Just for information,Monday I flew from Kalamata to Athens with Aegean and then to Heathrow with BA. The check in desk at Kalamata offered to route my baggage all the way through to London .

No problems, though I mentioned it to the BA check in desk at Athens and they made a note.

Both airlines were very comfortable and pleasant.

5. Re: question about Aegean air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 06:18