We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desperate mom needs laundry help: Athens/Nafplion

NY, NY
Level Contributor
376 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Desperate mom needs laundry help: Athens/Nafplion

Hi. We arrived in Crete on Monday after a long journey. Iraklion has been a good choice for us. We have two more full days (on Thurs and Fri) and then we fly to Athens for two nights, then to Nafplion for two nights, and then we go to the north for longer stays in each place.

We are a family of five and already the dirty clothes have started to accumulate. The laundry at the hotel is dry cleaning and extremely expensive. I understand there are two Katharistirio in town, but I would have to rush to get the laundry done before we leave.

Are there any laundromats in Athens or Nafplion? I searched on google and found only one in Athens by the metro station. I would prefer to do it myself if possible as my children have been quite sloppy and their clothes are stained.

Thank you very much!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desperate mom needs laundry help: Athens/Nafplion

it would help if you said where you will be in Athens!! For all we know you could be at hilton & not handy to anything...

(1) There is a self-serve one in the basement of the Athens Backpackers apt. building... this is a couple short blocks from Acropolis metro station

http://www.athenslaunderette.gr/index.html

3A Veikou St -- MakrigianniAthens,

open 8 am - midnight daily

Tel +30 2109235811 ( 8.00am to 1.00pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) THis one is nearer Syntagma -- but not self-serve.

It is called National Dry Cleaners and Laundry. The Owner's wife is Half Australian half Greek. The Address is 17 Apollonos. Telephone is 210 32 32 226. Just down fron Syntagma Square. To gethere from Syntagma walk down Mitropoleos (toward Catheral), first left on Nikis, then take first right on Apollonos street. Its down about 2.5 blocks on the left. A couple years ago someone said it was 4.5 Euros per kilo (3 Kilo Minimum) its washed separate and folded. Same day service available.

If you are still in Heraklion, there is one a couple hundred yards off El Greco Park, I think by the Planet International English-language bookstore... I-tips about this:

..."t here was a drop-off laundry in Heraklion called the Wash Salon. It is at Efgenikou 12, 2 blocks southwest of the Lion fountain"

My 2008 Rough Guide says Wash Salon is at Handhakos 18... which is same street as bookshop. I used it several times ... they do the wash but you can specify hot water, cold water etc. Maybe they would let you pre-treat.

NY, NY
Level Contributor
376 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desperate mom needs laundry help: Athens/Nafplion

Thank you! I read the reply two days ago but was unable to post a thanks.

3. Re: Desperate mom needs laundry help: Athens/Nafplion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 19:17