We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary trip

Falls Church...
7 posts
Save Topic
anniversary trip

hi. my husband and i are planning a trip to either greece and italy or greece and turkey. Which combo do you think works best? We would also like the trip itinerary to be as economical as possible.. suggestions? we will be going in memorial weekend for 8-10 days.

must eat food suggestions also appreciated.

thank you

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary trip

Personally I would just pick one of those countries and stick with it- they all have so much to see and do that you'll miss a lot. 8-10 days really isn't much.

Edited: 18 January 2012, 20:56
2. Re: anniversary trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 21:35
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary trip

Hi there

Totally agree with Mitsa - do those 8-10 days include part days for arrival and departure? If so, then the reality may be that you actually have just 6-8 full days which would be just about enough to see Athens ( if you wanted to) and an island. Even if you have 10 full days, it's nowhere near enough time to combine Greece with Turkey or Italy Each time you move on, you will use up the better part of a full day.

If you really want a trip to Turkey, head for one of the Dodecanese islands such as Rhodes, Kos, Samos, etc, from where regular ferries and daytrips are available to various port towns on the Turkish mainland.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,886 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anniversary trip

Hi,

I would be inclined to stick to one country given the time limitations. However, as GB suggests you could either stay in Turkey, for example, Marmaris and take the ferry across to Rhodes or vice versa.

Falls Church...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: anniversary trip

Thanks... i think maybe we will do just greece then.

Falls Church...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: anniversary trip

yes. i really would love to see the beautiful greece islands and savor the foods. we may just do greece then.

Falls Church...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: anniversary trip

Any places that you guys would highly recommend visiting in greece? also food destinations?

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,886 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anniversary trip

Hi,

Provided you go to Greece a must eat, for me anyway is 'moussaka'.

Edited: 19 January 2012, 15:45
Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,886 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anniversary trip

Hi,

I've just seen your new message. There are many interesting places to visit in Greece and advice will be forthcoming but please do indicate what your interests are.

Falls Church...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: anniversary trip

we would love to explore the islands definitely. also big on foods!!! :-) ofcourse also do maybe a historic tour? want to plan something romantic as it will be an anniversary trip!!