We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

Ireland
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

Hi guys

I had decided early in the year that I would like to go to Greece on holidays this year but with all the economic uncertainty I am now worried about booking flights in case things take a drastic turn for the worst.

Esp as we plan on travelling from island to island I would be worried transport etc would be affected badly and also the uncertainty of the currency would worry me.

Any opinions?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

Yes, book and go!! Doesn't matter what the currency is you will be the winner.

Palo Alto...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

I have the same concern. We are leaving in mid july. already bought the tickets. We are using a local greek travel agency by the name of Antelope travel . they want 20 percent down (for hotel, transportations, and tour) and the remaining balance 20 days prior to the trip. I am concerned . Has anyone heard of this travel agency and should I be concerned about paying them or even going to greece. thanks

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

Just google them , plenty of reviews and comments.

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

Bought our tickets- haven't even considered cancelling.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

We go to Greece every year and this year is no exception, we are booked for September - as Mitsa said, It wouldnt even occur to me not to go.

Ireland
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

Thanks guys and I know there are alot of similar threads on here (which I have only now noticed!!) so thanks for your replies::)

7. Re: Risky to book flights to Greece for August/September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:17