We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Car Rental recommendation

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,449 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Athens Car Rental recommendation

We have just returned from 17 days touring Northern Greece & just wanted to mention the excellent car rental company we used. Instead of going through an anonymous online broker we found a super local family owned company & cannot fault them for service & price. They gave us an all-in price (subject to usual deductible excess) & at no point tried to sell us any add-ons or extras. A small advance deposit secured the car many months ago & even that would have been returnable had we been forced to cancel within a few days of travel.

http://www.athens-carrental.com/

I was able to make arrangements direct with the owner, Nicolas, & we got exactly the car we requested, in excellent condition & arranged a "pick it up full return it full fuel" policy so we could get straight on our journey. We mere met at the airport arrivals hall & the paperwork was completed with minimum fuss with a very personal feel to the whole transaction.

We later discovered that a friend of our who lives in Athens has used Athens Car Rental many times & congratulated us on our choice. Check out their website - their prices are hard to beat & service is totally reliable.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

Hey tsipouro..sounds wonderful;-) Can't wait to hear about your Northern adventure;-)) Trust you totally Enjoyed!

England
Level Contributor
509 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

Hi tsipouro

........you can add me to the 'Trip Report' waiting list :-)

Watton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

I would confirm everything tsipouro says about Athens Car Rental. We have just returned from a 17 night stay and used this company. Nicolas was a pleasure to deal with and IMHO their service cannot be recommended strongly enough. Faultless thanks Paul W.

Sutton in Ashfield...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

I would recommended strongly anyone looking for Car Rental to USE Athens Car Rental, I used them first time on a trip to Athens and the service was First Class in every way, George thank You, the best service i have had from any car rental company,

I have been to Athens many times and used other companies but not anymore if go again will only be Athens Car Rental i go to. YOU should also if you want Good Deal with good service,

Derek B

Klaukkala, Finland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

Dear Nicolas

Thank you for the good, friendly and reliable service we got from your team, everything went very well and the car was like we expected it to be.

Best wishes to you all, we are certainly using Athens Car Rental again.

Kind regards

Krister Malmberg

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,449 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

Krister - good to hear that you were happy with ACR. I know that Nicolas does check on here from time to time for any comments, but of course you really need to email direct to the company if you have not already done so. We used them again in May this year & once again could not fault the service & they even helped us out in a slightly tricky situation when our flights got changed. It is good to support local businesses & I hear that they have had quite a good year as someone I sent to them a while ago was disappointed to find that they had no cars available for their dates as they were fully booked out that week.

Edited: 29 September 2013, 15:08
Martinez, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

We also had a great experience with Athens Car Rental on our recently completed month long trip to Greece which included a 10 day rental from ACR for a car to explore the Peloponnese and the Mani Peninsula. Following is the e-mail I sent to ACR when we returned home:

Hello Nicolas,

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for the great experience I had with Athens Car Rental on our just completed trip to Greece. Our car was delivered promptly and was clean as promised. We had no problems with the car and it performed well throughout our trip. When traveling, there are so many uncertainties it's nice to be able to have confidence in a rented car. I also appreciate you letting us keep the car a couple hours longer than the pre-arranged return time. I would be happy to recommend ACR to anyone looking for a car rental company in Athens. I enjoyed doing business with both you and George. Please let me know if there is somewhere I can post a review of my experience with ACR.

Thanks again for the positive experience,

Court-Saint-Etienne...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

Compagnie à recommander vivement pour la qualité de son service et le niveau de ses prix. Nous avons loué une Opel Corsa pendant 11 jours du 11 au 21 octobre 2013, avec assurance totale (pas de franchise), assistance 24/24, pour un total de 286€.Le contrat est clair lors de la réservation, et on peut demander certaines options qui tendent à disparaître chez les "grands" loueurs , comme le réservoir plein à la livraison, à rendre plein ! Ils ont amené la voiture à l'aéroport, les formalités furent accomplies en quelques minutes, et ils sont venus la récupérer à l'heure prévue, à notre retour là-bas. Et de plus, la personne qui nous a servis parlait un Français impeccable. Voilà de quoi vous réconcilier avec les loueurs de voiture !

Edited: 23 October 2013, 22:11
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

I'd like to add on to the recommendations for ACR here. We rented a Corsa from them for a week. New car, no trouble, good mileage. We'd opted for GPS and that worked fine as well.

But more importantly, the service from Nicolas and team is possibly why pple use their service. We were to reach Athens by ferry and since we dint want to drive through the city, opted to take the metro to the airport and rent from there. Nicolas suggested getting off at the stop just before the airport so we ended up saving some money between the 3 of us. We were running a little late, but Nicolas and George met us at the metro station with a smile and were very helpful driving with us till the intersection we needed to take towards Nafplio.

I'd definitely recommend their service for a hassle free rental with peace of mind. :)

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Athens Car Rental recommendation

To anyone who reads this review we can highly recommend ATHENS CAR RENTAL, from our very first enquiry email from the UK, we felt assured by the very quick return answer that this company was very professional by their really helpful attention to every detail and when we arrived at Athens Airport, there was the car, everything was so perfect that we simply wouldn't hesitate to use this car rental company again.

We were met by George who had communicated with us via email and set our three week car rental up.

What more can I say, they were perfect, we had no problems and on our exit return to the drop off at the airport, there was George to meet us. This company is able to offer cars at a very competitive prices and offer a service that is second to none.

We so wanted to use them this year but we are flying into Kalamata and they do not yet have an office there but incredibly, have sent us an email link to a local Kalamata company whom they said were very good.

How good is that when a company is so utterly helpful!

So, anyone who needs a car whilst they are in Greece, we recommend most highly ATHENS CAR RENTAL for probably the best service you are likely to ever get. Don't forget to ask for George!