We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with our trip to Greece.

Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
help with our trip to Greece.

I and my husband are going to Greece in first week of sept and we have 9 days. We're thinking Athens, Santorini ,Mykonos and also corfu ? is it possible ?

* we also want help with hotel suggestions and transfer to islands .

* Is air travel easier than ferry ?

* Also can anyone suggest how to book excursions ?

Thanks a lot .

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,194 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

Hi there,

In nine days you will be pushed for time if you plan on visiting all of the above. I would omit Corfu from your plans since it far away from Athens, Santorini and Mykonos. To save time I suggest flying directly to Santorini from Athens and then travelling back there via Mykonos.

Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

Thanks AjarnAndy , I was alos thinking of eliminating Corfu . Do you have hotel suggestions and also how to book excursions , air - ferry transport ?

Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

someone just told me that it's not a right time to go to Greece and we're making a mistake since riots can break out at any time - should we cancel our trip ?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

Hey and welcome sgirglani:-) Don't know where you're hearing that rubbish.. nonetheless, check out www.olympicair.com/ www.aegeanair.com/ for flights.. the latter oftentimes has some great deals to rival the ferry costs!

Since you're coming the long haul, consider just grabing a flight straight out to Santorini upon arrival at Athens airport.. you're AT the airport anyway.. no time wasted and no backtracking;-) You can then ferry to Mykionos from Santorini.. check www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ for ferry schedules.. then you have the choice of ferry of flight out of Mykonos back to Athens! Saving Athens as a finale is a great way to go.. you'll be about ready to take on this magnificent, vibrant City and all it has to offer.. also ensures that return flight home;-) Happy planning.. and EnjoY!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

What riots are we talking about? Never heard of them, not even from my friends who live in Athens. It is all very quiet and peaceful there.

andys suggestion seem logical.

Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

Thanks guys for your feedback . Can someone tell me which area is to stay in each place and also hotels if you like any particular .Thanks again.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

Our pleasure:-) Well, hotel prices run the gamut .. what is your budget spread?! You may also want to consider posting in each isle's dedicated forum for better exposure.. stating again, budget.. whether you want to be on a beach.. in Town, etc.. just some specifics to help the folks here help you;-) Keep enjoyin'!

Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

Thanks Litsa , our budget is up to $200 a day and we want to stay close to all attractions in athens , probably on the beach or somewhere with great views in Mykonos / Santorini .I'll also post on eack forum as you suggested.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

..do post in individual forums:-) For starters, take a look at The Amalia, Athens Gate, Cypria, Aerotel Parthenon Hotels in Athens! Keep us posted.. enjoyin'!

Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: help with our trip to Greece.

can someone suggest tour company names for day trips in- from Athens ,Santorini and Mykonos . Or should we just book it once we're there thru our hotels ? I'm trying to save time by booking before our arrival there on 31st August .