We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Greek islands

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Greek islands

Would love feedback on :

Flying from Istanbul to Crete

2 nights on Crete

Ferry from Crete to Santorini

2 nights on Santorini

Ferry from Santorin to Mykinos

1 night on Mykinos

Ferry Mykinos to Athens

Does this sound reasonable? Are the ferries reliable? Where can I find a schedule for May 2013. How long are the ferry rides for each? THANK YOU

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Greek islands

You'll be spending most of your time on ferries and checking in and out of hotels. With only 5 nights, you'd be much better off spending them all on an island like Naxos - or maybe Rhodes or Lesbos.

If you really want to island hop, then stick with the Argo Saronic Islands close to Athens. Transport time is less so when you move from one to the other, you'll still have time to enjoy the day.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Greek islands

thanks. Or I guess I could fly to Santorini from Istanbul and just stay there for the week? Or cut it down to two islands?

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Greek islands

I would definitely not try to do more than two islands with the amount of time you have. I don't know if there are any direct flights from Istanbul to Crete, but I'm sure someone will chime in soon with an answer- otherwise you'll have to go through Athens. Crete is a huge island- not worth it for two days.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Greek islands

so which other island would you recommend if I am only visiting 2 islands? we are more into culture and history than beach..

5. Re: Help with Greek islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:16