We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete or Corfu? Best resorts?

Chichester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Crete or Corfu? Best resorts?

Hi, I'm looking to take my boyfriend away on holiday for his birthday and am looking at the Greek Islands and can't decide between Crete or Corfu? I'm looking for a cheap-ish all inclusive holiday and to be by the beach but also not too far away from any nightlife as we often like to go out to clubs/bars. We are both 20 years old. I was wondering what are the best resorts as well because I've obviously heard of Malia and Kavos however I'd like to stay somewhere near these places (a bus ride away) so we have the option of going there but are not surrounded by the loud nightlife all the time. Thanks!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crete or Corfu? Best resorts?

Hi there

I dont know about AI hotels, but you could start by looking at Stalis in Crete, the next resort along to Malia - Stalis still has lots of pubs, themed type bars and restaurants, and a long sandy beach too and is nearly walking distance to Malia is you fancy a bit more of a crazy night :-)

http://www.stalis.co.uk/

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crete or Corfu? Best resorts?

Hi Liz... you could try Sidari on Corfu - You could stay on the outskirts of Sidari, where it is then only a 10 - 15 minute stroll to the main strip is. Sidari is as quiet or lively as you want. Sandy beaches, water sports, plenty of lovely tavernas (if you want that too).

Zafiris Hotel in Sidari is all inclusive (through First Choice) Lovely views, especially at sunset overlooking the Canal D'Amour and the sea.

Whatever you choose, hope you have a lovely time

Fi

Heraklion, Greece
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crete or Corfu? Best resorts?

All inclusive hotels you can also find in Chersonissos. It is actually quiter and you can be in malia in 5 mins.

In Chersonissos there is also nightlife, not like malia and more beautifull beaches. Try Also Anisaras. it is more expensive but nicer hotels, beaches and it is a lot quiter than chersonissos.

4. Re: Crete or Corfu? Best resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 06:15