We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Paros

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Where in Paros

Hi. We are considering spending two weeks in Paros in July (2 adults / 2 kids aged 11 and 6).

We would like to be relatively close to restaurants, shops etc. Am I correct in assuming nightlife is centered around Parikia and Naousa? Can anyone please recommend which one is more suitable for a family vacation. What is the village of Drios like?

Any comments / views much appreciated.

Thank you

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Paros

Check out Antiparos; a short trip on the bus from Parikia and 10/15 minutes on a ferry across a sheltered bay. Small town, a number of sandy beaches in walking distance and a good selection of tavernas, which welcome children and enough shops. You can always take a day trip to have look around Parikia.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Paros

I will, thank you. Are there regular ferries across ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Paros

I will, thank you. Are there regular ferries across ?

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where in Paros

When you arrive at the ferry port, Parikia. the bus station is about a hundred yards to the right ( sea behind you) There is a helpful ticket kiosk. You catch the bus to Pounta(the terminus) , just say Antiparos everyone will understand your destination.

The ferry runs every 30 minutes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where in Paros

Thanks for your suggestions

Paros, Greece
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where in Paros

Hello,

i am a local...both Naoussa and Parikia are lovely for family vacation.

Drios is a nice village with seaside restaurants and a couple of bars

but you must rent a car if you want to move around from there and is a bit further

from Naoussa and Parikia around 20 minutes drive.

My personal favorite for family vacation is Logaras and Piso Livadi area.

They are two villages walking distances one next to an other

with plenty of restaurants and cafes by the beach,driving distance 10minutes

from Naoussa and hourly bus runs available. Watersports center is also available on wonderful

Punda beach also in walking distance from Logaras.

Antiparos as suggested is a lovely island too ideal for a day trip.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,531 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where in Paros

Hi Vasiliki S, and welcome to the forum. Someone with your knowledge of Paros will be valuable, so please keep contributing.

I agree that Drios is rather remote, right at the end of the bus route from Parikia. There are some beautiful beaches along that side of the island, and Piso Livadi or Logaras would be a good place to base yourself.

Both Parikia and Naoussa have more shops and restaurants, but the best beaches are harder to reach from them. You can take taxi boats from the harbours to, e.g. Kolymbithres Beach in Naoussa Bay, or Krios Beach from Parikia, but I wouldn't want to do that every day.

I fell in love at first sight with Antiparos, which is much smaller than Paros, so nearly everything is easy to reach on foot. The main street (where most of the shops and restaurants are located) is pedestrianised, and ideal for families with children the age of yours. The beaches are gently sloping, mostly sand with some pebbles mixed in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where in Paros

Thank you all for your great suggestions. Very useful (and very convincing)!

Our itinerary is finally shaping up. As we fly into Mykonos we are going to spend a few days there before Paros. We have decided to stay in Logaras and will then move on to Antiparos, something we had really not thought of. While in Paros we will also get a car to get around and explore the island. Really looking forward to this

Thanks again

Kind regards

9. Re: Where in Paros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 04:15