We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost

3 posts
Save Topic
Cost

Hi I have been wanting to travel to Greece for years and was wandering what kind of budget I need to be prepared for. It's $2k enough for a couple of days of sight seeing and night life???

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost

Depends on what your requirements are. I'm content with a basic room as long as it has a private bath, fridge, and balcony with a great view. I find that $100 a day is plenty for room, food, and scooter rental. But if your tastes run towards large fish and cocktails rather than moussaka and local wine, then you could end up spending quite a bit more.

Also depends on where you plan on visiting. Santorini, and I assume Mykonos, would probably be considerably more expensive.

Edited: 21 March 2013, 16:34
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost

Hi there

I'd imagine you could live like a king for two days on two thousand dollars. My wife and I budget for €100 per day, we're not extravagant but we don't go without anything either. Of course, we have already paid for our accommodation before arrival, so that's a factor to consider but with your budget, you could pretty well stay where you liked, but does the $2k have to include airfare to and from Greece as well?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost

Hey and welcome Pipeliner23:-) That's a great question.. where are you traveling from and are you including that in your 2K?! Or.. is the 2K ONLY for sights and evening fun?;-) If the later, that would keep me going for a while but I, too, usually drink only local wines.. if you're heading to some top 'luxe' properties.. restaurants.. and opening bottles.. well, those hundreds can start disappearing pretty fast, lol;-)) Bit more info from you and am sure you'll get loads of great advise here;-) EnJOY!

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost

Well the Mykonos area struck my attintion. Is that crazy expensive or about adverage???

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost

I'm about like you litsa lol when I go to a new place I like to try there drinks lol. The $2k is. Not with air fair and I would like to stay about 3 or 4 days. But I also love to learn about history so I'd like a place with a good musium or some sights to see. I may be asking to much but I dont know lol. But thank you all for your help so for I realy appreciate it!!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost

Hi again

Well, even if you want to stay for 3-4 days, it's still plenty of money, especially if it doesn't include your air fare. Accommodation costs depend upon three factors, how long, what type and when you want to come. Costs go up as you head towards high season which is July and August and then taper away again. If you want to avoid the crowds, head for Greece in late May/June or early September.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost

Our pleasure Pipeliner23:-) What GB says;-) FWIW, with only 2-3 nights, Athens alones should fit the bill for some magnificent Museums.. sites.. nightlife;-) Keep us posted.. keep enJOYin'!

8. Re: Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 04:18