We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

I'm looking for a cruise for about 7 or 8 days to visit the Greek Islands. I'm single and so it will be more exy than twin share. I'm looking at a company called 'Small Ship Cruising' - on the MV Harmony'has anyone been on one of these ships/cruises?

If so was it value for money - food, comfort, etc.

31 replies to this topic
Limassol
Level Contributor
88 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

Check out

http://www.louiscruises.com/en/index.html/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

Hey and welcome footy8:-) I don't know how small a ship you're looking for.. but you may want to check out www.vikings.gr/ You can also consider posting this in the dedicated 'Cruise Forum' here;-) Happy planning.. and enJOY!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
31 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

My wife and i are looking for a small boat cruise (50 passengers or smaller) of some of the Greek Islands or Adriatic for about seven days in May 14. Embarking Istanbul or Athens would be fine. We are fit healthy Australian in our early sixties. Any recommendations

Ian

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,879 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

hi and welcome..there is a dedicated cruise forum here on Trip Advisor,post your question there and you will have better luck for a more informative answer

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

Hi, I was looking for same recently for 2014 April (thou much smaller scale, up to 20 people), got in touch with this company: www.dreamtrip.gr

Captain said that ship currently going through refurbishment and will be ready soon. Sounded very nice and flexible on terms. Obviously can't recommend it yet myself, but worth checking if you still haven't found anything better.

Bournemouth, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

Any luck? I am looking for the same, Lyn

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
31 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

No luck in respect to the smaller craft. We have settled on a 7 day Athens - Istanbul on the Star Clipper.....it does sail but about 120 passengers likely to be aboard.

We will still be in the market for smaller in the future....perhaps in the Adriatic somewhere

Sydney
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

My husband & I went on a cruise out of Athens "Panorama" Viking Cruises, for 7 nights calling into Greek Islands of a night, & Cruising around of a day. The boat would call into magical spots for a swim before & after lunch, the attention from the staff, food, accommodation was 1lst Class. We think it is one of the most memorable choices we have ever made, on our travels...(we have travelled a lot,) and I would not go to Athens without booking it again. We are both in our early 60's, & it made us realize that small boats, holding 45 people....is the ultimate holiday. We hope your holiday to Greece is superb & wonderful as our time there.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
31 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

Thank you for your advice, it will go in our growing 'to do' list.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship

I took a Greek Island cruise on a mega yacht called Harmony G through Variety Cruises. Departed Marina Zea (near Athens) and sailed for 7 nights to many fabulous islands. One of the best experiences of my life. Cabin was basic and comfortable. Food was good too. Sometimes they served a barbecue on the deck. The crew were very friendly and accommodating. Probably about 35 passengers from Spain, France, Italy, Australia, Canada and the US. Highly recommend the mega yacht for seeing smaller islands where the cruise ships can't dock, and for making swim stops in secluded coves. Fantastic!

Reply to: Greek Island Cruising on a small ship
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted