We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where best to see Corinth Canal?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Where best to see Corinth Canal?

We will be landing in Athens at 4am on a Sunday in Oct this year, hiring a car and driving to Nafplio.

Hopefully we should be on the road by 5am..... are the roads usually quiet at 5-6am on a Sunday morning? This is my first time driving on the right side of the road (although I have been a passenger many times when we traveled in the USA).

I've done lots of searches and read lots of posts and many of them mention "taking the old road" to see the canal. Is this well marked and is it easy to get off and back on the highway (E94)?? I've also looked at google maps, satellite and google earth and the roads all look confusing!

Where would we need to drive to to be able to get out of the car and have a quick look at and take photos of the canal? I'm sure I won't be able to have a good look if we just drive over it so figure since we're there anyway we should make a quick stop.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where best to see Corinth Canal?

If you leave the high-way, to the right, a little before the Corinth Canal you enter the old road. This will take you across the canal giving you the view you probably have seen on many pictures. It is a parking, some tavernas and kiosks just passed the canal.

2. Re: Where best to see Corinth Canal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:17