We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Euro trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all!!!!!!!

i'm planning to go to europe for 2week.... this will be my first visit to europe...... please tell me which all city i shuld travel...... my budget is not more than 1100$usd........... i'm traveling alone as i'm just a student so it will be my backpacker trip..........i want t cover as many as cities i can.........and dont want to do to UK............ if any1 interested to join me he/she is most welcome.......... :P

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,669 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Your request is far too wide - what do you really want to do and see ?

Also look up this to get som ideas about choosing and moving around:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189398-i192-k63…

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are almost 50 countries in Europe spanning a huge diversity of history, culture, climate and geography.

It is impossible for anyone to tell you which of them you should visit. You need to consider your own preferences and interests. Which geographical areas are you interested in - Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean countries? Do some reading and make a short list of places that attract you, then look at how practical it is to travel between them on your budget.

Depending on when you are visiting, you might be able to find cheap air fares between European cities, but also do some research into train tickets, you might be able to get a rail pass that will permit you to travel inexpensively between several different countries.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Hotel Mediterranean
Hotel Mediterranean
1,082 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!

Your question is far too generic and your provide very liitle to work on... Here are some generic comments:

1) First of all when traveling in a country, it is wise starting thinking on the local currency. As far as you post this in the Greek forum and as far as a good part (but not all) of Europe countries, use Euro, you may want to use this currency when posting questions... On my knowledge at least, no country will accept USD, you have to use local currency.

2) Your 1100 US $ equal about 850 Euro . Say around 60 euro/day. Experienced backpackers/low budget travelers agree that a minimum for traveling in most of Europe is 50 euro/day that will allow hostel stays, self catering. a site admission or a couple of beers every now and then, limited moving around, and that's it. I do not think on your budget you have flexibility to travel to a lot of cities or see/do a lot.

3) The more you stay in an area, the more you save on costs and the more you gain in experience. Walking or using local public transport is obviously cheaper to long distance traveling. Staying say a week somewhere, you have the opportunity to explore and find cheaper stores, cheaper restaurants, to bond with people who would provide tips and offer you a free beer or something, and sometimes you can even bargain on accomodation rates too.

Bonding with people and exploring a city/area in depth is much more rewarding that been on the move all the time too. You'll discover plenty of less visited attractions, you'll take your time to people watch, you'll have interesting conversations and interesting off the beatten track experiences.

4) You really have to do some homework and decide where you want to go. Factor in connections with wherever you are now and where you want to go after those 2 weeks. Factor in your interests and costs. I see no reason to go somewhere that doesn't hold your interest just because it is a cheap destination, on the other hand I see no reason to get somewhere that gets your fancy, if you can not afford to join activities or to visit places that attracted you there on first place. Some balance needs to be found.

5) I think the best strategy while traveling solo is to be self-confident and happy with your very own company. If you feel like it, you may meet people along the way. Hostels are usually good meeting points for travelers, but attractions, walking tours or bars that travelers hung around are good places too. Off the usual tourist points you'll have chance to meet with locals or people from different backgorunds, and I find this more rewarding that hung around with people on the same line of thinking to you or just same nationality/'background. Be openminded! Meeting people depends first of all on your own attitude and character and then a bit of coincidence/good luck will not be unwelcomed : )

If you really need to spend part of your holidays with someone, you may want to check couchsurfing website and meet with a local while on a spot (or even sleep on his/her home, but you need to be wiling to return the favor), or use travelbuddy site and see if anyone is interesting to join you on your trip.

Edited: 27 April 2013, 11:02
Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
4. Re: Euro trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:17