We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Athens airport to ferry port

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
from Athens airport to ferry port

Hi,

I'm flying to Athens on 7th May and land at 12:45, looks like there's a ferry to Santorini (i've booked the hotel for that night) leaving at 18:00 from Piraeus port. I think it takes maybe 1.5hr max to clear custom and claim baggage and according to google map it takes 1.5hrs to get to the port with X96 bus, so i think i have enough time. Just want to check with locals if that sounds right? The other choice is to take the flight but for my wife and I its a 180euro difference.....

also can anyone advise if i have to book the ferry in advance? i have a eurail pass and can get a 30% discount if i book at the port, but im a bit worried that ticket might been sold out. Are the ferry tickets very tight in May and do you think i need to book them online, or just wait to save some money?

thanks!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,090 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Athens airport to ferry port

You have enough time to make that ferry, should be no problem.

It is just after Greek Easter, extra ferries on your date have been put on, expensive Highspeeds, however I've just looked and all the ferries on the day seem to have have availability.

It's a crystal ball jobbie, I would guess it's OK to just turn up.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Athens airport to ferry port

thanks Retired_hippy, that's very helpful!

3. Re: from Athens airport to ferry port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:17