We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Greece from 11 to 19th of September, Suggestions

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Greece from 11 to 19th of September, Suggestions

Dear All,

I'm planning to visit Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Santorini) from 11th to 19th of September; I appreciate if you will let me how many days i should spend/location, and will let me the best transportation mean to reach each city.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Greece from 11 to 19th of September, Suggestions

Go direct from Athens airport to Santorini by plane. Stay on Santorini until you get bored. Then you take a ferry to Mykonos. Save the last 2-3 days for Athens. September is low season and no need for pre-booking ferries. When you buy the ferry ticket from Santorini, the travel agency may help you reserve accomodation on Mykonos. Santorini and Mykonos are not cities, but islands.

Ferry schedules on www.gtp.gr

Flights : www.olympicair.gr or www.aegeanair.gr

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Greece from 11 to 19th of September, Suggestions

Thanks; I'm already aware that Mykonos and Santorini are an islands:) I planned my trip as follows:

11 to 13 in Athens

13 to 16 to Mykonos from Athens (Ferry)

16 to 19 to Santorini from Mykonos (Ferry)

19 to Athens from Santorini (Plane)

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Greece from 11 to 19th of September, Suggestions

You have a plan which is as good as any other plan. It is often recommended to be at the main-land the last night(s) before travelling home. In case anything unexpected should happen (strikes, weather etc) you then already are close to the airport for you homebound journey.

When it comes to ferries, I recommend the Blue Star Naxos for the the trip from Pireus (Athens) to Mykonos. It is a large, modern and comfortable ship calling in at Syros and Tinos on its sailing to Mykonos. It is like a small cruise. On the trip from Mykonos to Santorini I would say Flying Cat IV is better than Superjet.

4. Re: Trip to Greece from 11 to 19th of September, Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:19