We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic Greek Harbour holiday for October

Level Contributor
41 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Authentic Greek Harbour holiday for October

Hi Guys - we've had a couple of great holidays in Lixouri Kefalonia, and thought we might fancy a change.

We're travelling in October from UK - so weather is important.

Looking for an authentic Greek harbourside or beachside resort, with tavernas and bars within walking distance - wont be driving.

Prefer smaller prettier resort, - not looking for nightclubs or loads of shops

Any suggestions?

Level Contributor
2,866 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Authentic Greek Harbour holiday for October

I have only been to one Greece once and that was to Plaka in Crete which was near Elounda and this had a nice harbour and restaurants.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Authentic Greek Harbour holiday for October

crete is the better option for good weather in october.i've never been to plaka recommended by keith but chania is also a great harbour town .it is quite big but by october it will certainly be more quiet.anyway,go to crete forum here in TA and find out which area you like.i'm sure people wil respond to any of your questions

3. Re: Authentic Greek Harbour holiday for October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:18