We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An evening in Mykonos

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
88 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
An evening in Mykonos

Hi All

We are staying at Naxos and would like to spend a day at Mykonos. Ideally we want to go to Mykonos around noon and come back later in the night after dinner / sunset at around 9:00pm or later. I see that the last ferry back to Naxos is at 6:20pm. I am using openseas.gr website.

My questions are:

1) Am I using the right website for ferrys? Does that website show me ALL options for ferrys between the 2 places or is there a better site?

2) Is there any other way we can get to Naxos from Mykonos after 6:20pm? In other words are there any other ferrys / pvt boats / water taxis and such we can research that can bring us back later in the night to Naxos?

If it matters, we are 2 adults and 1 3 yr old..

Thanks so much everyone.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
88 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An evening in Mykonos

Any input on this???? Thanks

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An evening in Mykonos

You can look at www.gtp.gr but I am certain that there are no later ferries from Mykonos to Naxos.i have just come back from 16 nights on Naxos and wouldn't have swopped any them for a night on Mykonos.The sunsets are spectacular and there a lots of very good places to eat and much more reasonably priced than Mykonos.

I don't mind Mykonos,I did spend the first night of my holiday there but in my humble opinion Naxos is much nicer.

There are boats which do day trips to Mykonos and Delos from Naxos so that would probably be your best bet but they do depart quite early in the morning and leave Mykonos before sunset.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,690 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An evening in Mykonos

The latest ferry in peak season leaves Mykonos just past 7 p.m. If you really want to see Mykonos at night, you'd best book an overnight stay.

Naxos is a wonderful island, but comments richard130558 made -- "The sunsets are spectacular and there a lots of very good places to eat" -- apply equally to Mykonos. We actually have seen far more spectacular sunsets from Mykonos than anytime we've been on Naxos.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
88 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An evening in Mykonos

Ok thanks.. I guess we will have to settle for the 5pm ferry back.. :) I will also google for any day trip boats / ferries. Thanks so much.

5. Re: An evening in Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:17