We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Belgrade to Athens? Bus or Train?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
From Belgrade to Athens? Bus or Train?

I will go from Belgrade to Athens end of July as part of my Southern Europe Trip. Would like to spend 1 or 1,5 days travelling the distance without major stop in between..

What is the cheapest/shortes/most convinient connection? Bus or train? I probably have to change somwhere along the way I think.

Did anyone do this trip recently and has some recommendations?

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Belgrade to Athens? Bus or Train?

Sorry, not done that since the late seventies when it was all a bit different. It was certainly possible then, I've done both, and they were both a long way, no particular preference on which was best, but train was certainly much safer as overtaking was very, very hairy.

No help I know, but maybe someone else will see this who knows the up to date situation.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Belgrade to Athens? Bus or Train?

I think bus is the only option There are no international trains .

. tripadvisor.com.au/…45418655 .

. tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k5… .

3. Re: From Belgrade to Athens? Bus or Train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:17