We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for 2014

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations for 2014

I have been to Crete and Zakynthos, my other half has been to the mainland but we're looking for a holiday to a Greek Island next summer and would really appreciate some recommendations!

Skiathos has always appealed to me but I'm open to suggestions

He likes - the sea, give him a beach and he's hapy

I like - the pool, happy to sun lounge with a tall drink and a good book

We're looking for a quiet location suitable for couples, we don't have children so would prefer to avoid the family type resorts

As long as there are some nice places to have a drink and food in the evening, some entertainment (nothing too rowdy) that would suit us down to the ground

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for 2014

Hey and welcome Grace M:-) So many isles to choose from to fit the bill;-) Are you looking to go independently or via package deal?! Skiathos would certainly suit.. beautiful small isle.. laid back.. possibly even neighboring Skopelos would work.. about 3 times the size.. more spread out.. gorgeous crystal clear, turquoise waters;-) Take a look at www.skopelosweb.gr/ for some isle info, etc.. It's basically a 10-15 min ferry ride from Skiathos;-) Happy planning.. and enjoy!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for 2014

go with what you want and choose skiathos,,it is certainly a beautiful island,green and lush unlike most greek islands..just a look at the skiathos forum will show you how much tourists love it..they keep coming bak,that's why the call it the boomerang island

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for 2014

Which month next summer?

I guess you look on packages...

For something different check Myrina, Lemnos . Very Greek with a few tourist touches, ideal for a lazy relaxed holiday. Maybe too cold-ish before middle June and after middle September. 3 beach attached, two different small harbours, many taverns, a few mellow bars, ruined fort with resident deer population on top, great sea views, view all the way to Athos on a clear day, views to Turkey on the other side of the island. Occasionaly but not guarandeed, boat trip around the island and/or Ai Stratis islet.

Busy with Greeks or people who bonds localy rather than your usual tourists on high season. More low key on shoulder season.

I think there was a couple of trip reports on the Lemnos forum for last or before last season.

I think there are flights from Gatwick recently.

Whatever you decide to do, Have a great trip!

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for 2014

Try Mitsis Alila spa resort in Kalithea, Rhodes, we went this year and was fabulous and looking to return next year too, absolutely amazing hotel if you're looking for tranquil surrounding, not adult only but few children around and on the each, staff amazing too, well worth the money :)

5. Re: Recommendations for 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:16